Sunday, November 29, 2009

Resting



Hey everyone! It has been such a long time since I wrote, but that doesn't mean i haven't been working out! I actually just ran a half marathon through the vineyards of central California! It was beautiful and i will be doing many more.

The run was awesome--somewhat hilly, but too gorgeous to recognize my uncomfortability. I really enjoyed my time with the Lord while running. It was so refreshing just being in nature with him. The race was small-probably 400 people so i always felt i was running by myself after we all had our paces. I finished in 2 hrs and 24 minutes. I guess that's pretty decent for a first-timer. I only walked once and it was on mile 12 uphill. I have been resting ever since my race (i've only ran once) but i was very pleased with the quick recovery of a half-marathon. I will be doing more for sure...and hopefully, a full within the next year and a half. Here is a picture or two!

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep it up during the holidays!

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

So proud of you!! I think you probably ran your firs half in one of the most beautiful places.

Fisher Family said...

Good Job Girl!!!