Sunday, January 23, 2011

let's do this

Time to get this blog (and our bodies!) fired up for this brand new year! What's everyone doing for workouts recently? I have been just ITCHING to get in a good routine.

Our little William turned ONE last week, and though I am still breastfeeding, it is time to get some new motivation! I've been out on the ice and snow a few times over the past weeks. I was ill all last week, and when I finally got out for some fresh air (yesterday), I cried out to GOD and thanked Him for His faithfulness to me! Even when we are down, ill, beaten, de-motivated, He is still so faithful. He never changes! I realized how much I take my own health for granted.

As I yearn to enter a new season of fitness dedication with a new fitness plan or race training or something to get me going, I am reminded of this one thing:

"Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." 1 Tim 4:7b-8

I pray my desire to sweat it and get fit never supercedes my desire for godliness!

Now, come on girls! Whadda you got?

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Yes girl!!!!

Liz said...

If i haven't spent time meditating on God's Word, why would I give time to working out? Help me, love You, God, so much that I run to You first!