Tuesday, February 15, 2011

heavy heart...

Hey, ladies! Its been wayyyyy to long...and my heart, lungs and legs could not agree more :) For those who don't know me well, I had a baby not to long ago (I mean, he's practically a newborn;) So that has been a convenient excuse to be, well, lazy. After some consideration I've come to the conclusion that, for now, I am a type of person who will only exercise with a goal of training for something. A race, a country triathlon, etc. If I am not training FOR something, I'm not training at all. Now, I hope that trait changes overtime. But for now, I am training, and ultimately that's what counts, right?!?!
I have been doing zumba for awhile now, which has been helpful in the transition thus far into running again. I took my first jog this last saturday. I tied up my new (hot pink-yes, Jen) lunarglides and away I went. With my ipod blasting a mix of lecrae, group1crew, and benjah--i was ready. I took off on a brisk walk from liz's driveway, headed for the 1 mile loop called 'westbrook.' Nervous, excited, but mostly pumped, i turned the corner to take off running and SILENCE. My ipod died. WHAT?!?!? that ipod is my lifeline on the battlefield of exercise!!!!!! i can't survive without it!!!! every muscle, bone, and ligament in my out-of-shape body wanted to turn around and go back home. But I knew I couldn't (partly because I knew Liz wouldn't let me in if I came back that soon;). So there I went. After two grusome loops around westbrook, i headed back for Liz's.
So this is the account of my first outing since baby (who is 6months old, by the way). And i plan to sit down in the next day or two and make a work-out plan for the month. Love you all. Sorry this was soooo long.

3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Oh please keep them coming!! Love it!! I am asking please take a picture in your new hot pink shoes for me!!! You know what I say, DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED!!!

Abby McNair said...

my baby is almost 3 years old and i'm still not in a good routine ! keep up the good work..hope you find refreshment in the Lord and for your body in your workouts!

Liz said...

Yes, I would have chased you back out onto the road, girl! It sure makes you thankful for your music when you have it, doesn't it. Getting back into shape is a marathon, not a sprint if it is going to be a lifestyle, so think long term. These races will be little mile markers to keep you going, and in 6 months you will look back and see what consistency can do for your health and mind. I am here to chase you anytime:)