Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It has been way to long....

Good Morning to the Get Fit Ladies....
It has been awhile since I have blogged anything but this morning I was bumming around on the computer and thought...its about time I jump back in.
I like Rachel feel like I need to have something I'm training for, so I have put a few things on my schedule. However I do feel like I am getting to a place where I'm making exercise a part of my everyday just so I feel good and healthy.

In January I ran the P.F.Changs Phoenix half marathon and if any of you are interested in doing it next year please join me I have already signed up. It was a blast and I can't wait to run it again. The weather was amazing and to leave Nebraska for a long weekend in January was wonderful....I'm now training or continuing my running for the Lincoln half. I have also started working out 3 times a week at a place called Punch Gym which is a kettleball gym. I would highly recommend looking into workouts involving kettleballs or incorporating them into your workouts now. They are a fun alternative to your typical weight lifting and the majority of the exercises work your core. They are teaching me how important strengthening my core is for my running.

Also one last thing....I found that rewarding myself with new workout gear can motivate me. Who doesn't feel good when they put on a new pair of socks or new yoga pants or a running tank. I was visiting with a friend who told me that every week she rewards herself with McDonalds. I thought of so many food things I would love to reward myself with but my husband reminded me that I was in need of some running tights and said instead of rewarding yourself with a banana split why don't you reward yourself with new workout clothes. So I made it a goal to run 25 miles the week before the Phoenix race and when I completed it I went to the store and bought them. Walmart...Target...T.J. Maxx...all has cute affordable things...Now I don't buy things weekly but I set a 2 week or a month goal then reward myself when it is completed. You should try it you will feel like you really earned them next time you are out running in your cute new gear....Rock on girls....I will be thinking of you all as spring is almost here and I feel the sun beating down on me out on the running trails...

1 comment:

Jen Stutzman said...

AWesome idea. I love work out clothes so I have to be careful!! I will def think about the Phoenix half marathon. love ya!!