Thursday, July 2, 2009

Humility

Hello to the Triathletes.  I cannot tell you again how sad I am to not be there.  I am a bit angry!!  Life just does not seem to always go the way we want it to. 
I just wanted to remind you what this triathlon is all about.  The purpose is health and fellowship not competition.  So for those of you that trained, you are healthier!!!!  Now as you prepare for Saturday morning I pray that you will pray and prepare your mind.  Realizing this is not a race, it is not about coming in first or last.  I pray that it is a morning where each of you meets with Christ.  As you prepare your body, I pray that you spend more time preparing your mind so that you do not come with pride.  May God be glorified by your thoughts.  HUMILITY
I cannot wait to hear about it and to see pictures. Whenever I do get back I am going to do the course.  I am so proud of each of you!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I will be thinking of you often this weekend, wishing you were here. I know you are doing the right thing by not coming, so I pray God will bring a joy in each moment through this week.

Jen Stutzman said...

Thanks Liz, it means so much!! I keep thinking about running out the door and just driving straight to NE!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the encouragement/reminder. It is sad when we realize how prideful and fleshly we can be...but...Praise God for His conviction and discipline for keeping our attitude in check with his Word. I love you and miss you dearly, sister!