Saturday, June 27, 2009

countdown

ONE WEEK!!!! Until race day...the amateur Mallard View Triathalon.  I will probably still be trying to catch my breath at this time a week from now...but I am excited to conquer the course!!!  My last week of training has been great because I'm sitting in Jeni's dinning room right now, and she has not let me slack this week.  This morning we were up at 5:30am and hit the nature trails not far from the house.  It was awesome.  There is a part of the trail that you run over a gorgeous river and the sound of the rushing water gave me the perfect boost of energy I needed to push through the pain.  The heat wasn't too bad (74) but the humidity made it feel like I was running in a rain forrest.  I feel great, though, especially as I look back at the progress I've made since having Silas.  Today was my big day and I ran just shy of 4 miles.  I've never run that far.  Ever.  It is still painful and I still have a long road ahead, but I am very thankful that the Lord is showing me the importance of sweating and getting fit.  I love hearing of everyones challenges and victories...it is all such an encouragement to me.  Love to you all! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are doing so awesome!!!!!

Liz said...

I can't believe you ran so far! Awesome!