Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Turkey Trot 2009

Hey Girls just wanted to post an opportunity that is coming up in November. I have worked for the Cooper YMCA off and on for the past 7 years and for those of you who have ever been associated with the Y you have heard of the Strong Kids Campaign. It is a program that raises scholarship money for kids and low income families to participate at the Y whether it be in sports, camps, or memberships. In November (I will get back to you about specific date when I find out but it is always on a Sat.) they are holding a Turkey Trot which will consist of a 5k and a 1mile kids run. There is also a cycle-a-thon in the spinning room which goes for 4 hrs however you do not have to cycle the whole thing. You sign up for however long you want. A couple years ago I did an hour of cycling. This year I'm planning on doing 1 hour of cycling and then running the 5k. If anyone here in Lincoln or Hastings or wherever you are wants to participate let me know. It would be fun to have a team of girls doing it. I will pass on the info as it becomes available to me. My twins have commited to running the 1 mile run. Congrats to all the girls who finished the Triathalon I was thinking of you all. God Bless!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds good! Let me know the date. Liz

Fisher Family said...

Sat. November 21st is the date. Not sure the time or fee yet but I will post as soon as I can.