Sunday, December 14, 2008

Late night eating

Hello girls!!!!  How is everyone.  So I have been on a mission to lose the rest of the weight I gained in pregnancies.  I am finally having some success and I think it is all due to getting rid of my late night eating.  Almost every night I would put the kids to bed and treat myself to whatever I wanted.  Since cutting that out I have lost some weight.  I have a little more to go and it is coming off slowly but it is coming off.  When I want to eat at night I think of my new daughter.  In all the pictures we have of her she is very very thin.  She does not get to eat when she wants or what she wants.  I eat plenty every day and I need to learn to tell myself no more often.  Eating for them is survival not pleasure.  I hope you all are doing well.  

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

jen, that is amazing! i love that you think of your new daughter while doing this...it's as if you are walking in solidarity with her, even across the globe. i did this in Peru with my street kids twice a month by fasting. what a great reason to eat less! hope you are well.

Abby McNair said...

Jen,

I have a similar struggle. I often eat when they go down for naps b'c I don't eat when they eat. Then I want to be a lazy bum and sit on the couch during nap time eating and doing nothing. I hate the pride that creeps up as I write this and the desire for worldly pleasure that is in me. Praise the Lord that he is doing this work in your life.

love you!