Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still Here

Well I took 3 weeks off from running after the half marathon. I'm now running every other day any where from 1-3 miles...I am back on the treadmill because I don't like running in the heat. Im trying to run them around 10-11 min. When I run 3 I try to run a 10 min mile and alternate the other 2 with going at a slower pace but at a high incline or run really fast for 30 sec...and slow for 30 sec. That way I don't get bored and burn more fat. Im also doing a fun stationary bike workout that really isolates some muscles and lifting weights... I feel like I would like to lose 15 lbs. and someone at my church has stepped up and said they would give $1 for every pound lost to members of our church. They are raising money for our childrens programs so I thought this would be great incentive to focus on losing. It is from June 28th - Aug 30th. We weigh in at church on Tuesdays and there are some really fun girls doing it. My sister Emily is going to do it with me. It is fun to hear how you all are pushing yourselves and staying motivated, I will be honest to say some of my motivation has been having to wear shorts in this hot weather : ) ...and having time to myself and spending alone time with God now that all my kids are home all day for summer vacation..... Love to all.

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Good to hear from you girl. Keep us updated on your weight loss. That is cool what your church is doing.
love ya!

Liz said...

So glad to hear about you. You have guts, running on incline, WOW!