Saturday, March 14, 2009

10K!!

I ran my first 10K this morning! Bright and early, my team and i (all newbies to 10ks) started off the race with 3,000 other runners in St. Patty's Day costumes. It was very entertaining watching runners in shamrock tights, green wigs, and kilts. We, however, ran comfortably in green tanks and black pants.
We finished under an hour...58.02 to be exact. I was dying at the 4 mile mark but pushed through and sprinted the last 100 yards once i could see the finish line. The Lord reminded me multiple times that I can do NOTHING on my own. Each time I would think, 'I'm doing this,' I got really tired and immediately thought, 'No, WE are doing this. Lord, give me the strength.' And He did.
I had wonderful friends waiting for me at the end cheering my team on. It was so encouraging. I loved it. Overall, it was a great race and I was very proud of my team. I'm going to take some time off from running so my calf can heal and so I can get new running shoes. But after a week or two, I'll start running again and the next race will be a half marathon! God is so good. I am thankful that I even have the ability to run...there are so many people who don't. Thank god for running! Hope all is well with everyone.

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Lindsey I am so proud of you!!! Way to push it, it is all worth it when you see the finish line. Great time also.
love you

Nicole said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you. I love how you made yourself keep your perspective.

Love,
Nicole