Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Hardest Week..

This has by far been the hardest week for me. My workouts have been going great and this week I was running 3-4 miles during the week until Wednesday I got in a bad car accident. A van blindsided me on the passenger side totaling my car. I ended up with a concussion and some bruises, but I'm so thankful that it wasn't worse. I didn't have my seatbelt on, which didn't help my accident. So if you guys could pray for fast healing that would be great. I'm still having headaches and my neck and back are sore from the whip lash, but I go to the doctor tomorrow to have my back and neck looked at so pray for good news. I wanna get out and run again! I miss it so much! I forget how much of a blessing it is to be able to run, a simple thing that can be taken away from you in a heartbeat. There is good news, since I didn't see the accident happen I was worried that I wouldn't be able to defend the fact that it wasn't my fault, but the police said that by the evidence it is clearly his fault. And the witnesses of the accident that helped me out of the car talked to the cops and told them they saw the accident and that it was the other drivers fault. The down side is I hate putting my parents through the drama of an accident so pray for them as well, I know that a situation like this can add a lot of stress to a persons life.

Sorry for such a depressing post, but I just couldn't believe how much i miss running when I'm not able. Hopefully if the news is good I'll be back running in a couple days! :) I hope everyone is doing good, and remembering to appreciate the little things, even if it is something painful like running! lol. Have a good week!

EL

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Oh my gosh Ellie, we had no idea. I am so sorry to hear that. May God heal you quickly. we often realize how much we love something when it is taken away.
love ya

Liz said...

I can tell you are determined to keep going no matter the trial! I guess that is the lifelong test of staying in shape. I hope all heals and feels normal soon.