Thursday, March 5, 2009

feel-good pain

I am excited to announce that it felt a little bit GOOD to work out yesterday!!!!!! Yes, there was pain...but it was a feel-good pain. Ya know what I'm talking about? I was SO happy to actually enjoy my work out...it has made me become EXCITED to work out again today! Oh you have no idea what a milestone this is....I'm thrilled. And I want to say thank you to Annie (who I don't even know but through the unity we have in Christ is my sister :)...thank you so much for the reminder to DENY our flesh. With every step I wanted to stop and walk but as soon as the Lord put that Word in my brain...I had the strength to keep going.

I begin to think of our brothers and sisters like David Miller...who won't ever have the opportunity to experience God's creation like we can through physical excercise...or the missionaries serving in dangerous conditions, who don't have the opportunity to even think about working out because they fear for their lives for preaching the Gospel... to the Glory of God we are in a safe country where we can take advantage of having good health...not to make our bodies an idol...but to respect this temple of the Holy Spirit...and make it the best we can until we are given our new bodies in heaven!! Thoughts like this really put it into perspective for me. SO....

Thank you, Father, for the blessing of a healthy body. I pray that I will continually deny my flesh so that I may Glorify you more effectively through this temple, which is only temporary. I also pray for the other women who's desire is also to Glorify you through a healthy body...give us perseverence. I am weak, Lord, but you are MIGHTY TO SAVE! Praise GOD!!!!

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

love it, thanks for the great reminder. Although my foot is hurt I am so thankful to be able to do so much. Love you girl!!

Liz said...

That is a milestone! A grateful heart is life to the body and heart.