Friday, April 17, 2009

burn out

Two weeks to go before the marathon. I have been trudging through these final weeks of training. After losing my grandfather two weeks ago, I have felt beat down and burned out. The emotional roller coaster I rode then was enough to make me want to wear my pajamas every day and not even look at my running shoes for a week. But then, He reminds me.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." (II Cor. 4:7-12)

Thank you Jesus for your power and strength to finish strong. I have your strength because I am your daughter. I cannot accomplish anything without You. May your life be revealed in all of us as we press on in our pursuits of taking care of our temples.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I pray that those words of life would be sent out to all our girls, to carry on! We always have a choice to think on words of life or words of death. Thank you for encouraging me with this verse.

Jen Stutzman said...

Hannah, I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. You run this half marathon for him. You go girl!!! I will be praying for you. May God's word give you strength and great joy!