Saturday, April 11, 2009

Still Here

I am still here! I am still working out 5 times a week and am slowly seeing my body change. I am getting used to saying "no" to myself when it comes to overeating. 15 pounds to go to reach a healthy weight for my frame, and I am energized by the spring weather. Running/walking outside has been my main exercise.

I was pushed to train harder by my husband. He hasn't worked out consistently since he had knee surgery almost 2 years ago. But last month something changed in him and he started working out hard. In one week he was running 4 miles! I was shocked when he did it once, but then he kept doing the same distance consistently. That inspired me to increase my distance with running from 1 mile to 2 miles. The hardest part of this training is when you have a bad couple days or more. . .. no exercise, junk food, and you think you have ruined all your work up to that point. This is the test, to wake up the next day with hope and determination to keep going. This blog is an important part of motivation for me. So, if anyone is feeling like giving up out there-Stop!
Every day is new!
If I want to change, I have to do something different, right?
Tie on your running shoes and get out there girls!
Please write and let me know where you all are at-Love to all!

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Good encouragement. So true, thinking about it only gets you so far. Each day is new!!

Abby McNair said...

oh liz - thank you for this post... i am bawling. I have been strugglling and fighting the food batttle... i got off track for awhile and am now fighting to get back on... i lost 10 pounds and gained 5 back... yucko. thanks for the encouragement!!!