Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Push through the pain!!!!!!

I just wanted to post a little note of encouragement to you all. Today during my workout I almost quit three times. The first time my husband called to tell my my 9 week old wouldn't stop crying. I called him back and told him to try to get her to sleep and to call me back in 5 minutes if she was still "going crazy". I prayed that God would have mercy on us all so that I could get through the workout - and I almost left and went home but I kept running and she fell asleep. Then I started to get itchy legs - Has anyone else had this happen? It is annoying! So I prayed for more mercy (after running for a minute or so fuming in anger) and pushed through it as I listened to myself come up with several excuses to stop running (I should be home, I will feel better tomorrow, maybe if I wait for a few more pounds to come off and then try again . . .). The itching stopped and I was filled with thankfulness and joy!! . . . right before I had a stabbing pain hit me in the right upper chest. I forced myself to keep going. I felt almost as though the enemy wanted me to stop and give up. More excuses...(This is too painful, maybe I am injuring myself, what if this is serious?) So I prayed and kept going until the enemy finally gave up on me. The pain miraculously disappeared as quickly as it came on and I finished my workout! I am so thankful that I serve such a great God and that He used my workout to remind me to stop listening to my silly excuses and trust completely in His promises and His Word.

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:21-23)

5 comments:

Abby McNair said...

I am praising the Lord for working in your life Katie! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jen Stutzman said...

Great word Katie. The excuses sure can come fast. Katie, I know you, you are good at pushing through the pain. You keep going!!!!! You are right, only God can help us overcome the flesh.

Hannah Randell said...

Amen, girl!

Fisher Family said...

Katie- Welcome to the Blog....and good for you that you pushed through.

Amy U. said...

Katie, you are so freaking amazing! Your will to push through the physical pain with your mental strength-Trust in God is so inspirational! I know how difficult it is to have one child and to try to exercise-you have 3! All you ladies are so amazing. Keep it up everyone!