Saturday, January 31, 2009

thank you!

When I heard that our church was having a 'Mom's Day Out,' my first thought was..."Yes! I can go get groceries, get a pedicure, run errands, etc." But then it happened...Liz called. :)

Cheerfully, Liz says, "Do you wanna come work out with me and Katie tomorrow?"
"Sure!!!" I reply, trying to sound excited.

And there I was. I had agreed to spend my free morning working out. So yesterday morning, Liz and I met, dropped our kids off with the church ladies and off we went. On the way there Liz is like, "We're going to run one mile, Rach!" "WHAT?!?!?" I said out loud. Now I was really getting nervous. We made it to Champions and started with a one mile walk to warm up and then Liz looks at me and says, "Are you ready?" "No!" But off we went. 5.0, 5.1, 5.2....our speed was increasing every minute.

"T!....T!....My lungs are burnin'!" is all my brain was telling me as I ran. I don't think I made it quite a mile, honestly, I'm not sure. But I could feel the pain of my body changing...and it was good--NO PAIN NO GAIN :)

All jokes aside, I am very thankful that Liz and Katie included me in their workout. Although it was painful, pain is good. Even the Bible promises suffering. I must tell myself every time I workout that there WILL be pain, that's just the way it is. Lord give me perseverance as I beat this temple of flesh into submission...

Silas with his buddy, Azariah.

3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

That is great!!! Didn't it feel good to do it. Liz hates it when I push her to run I can't believe she made you run. You pull that T card any time you need to.

Liz said...

I am so sore Rachel, are you? You really pushed yourself, and all I can say is, Wow! Look at how hard it was, but you are right there will be pain in this goal of being in shape and healthy. I am feeling it as I walk up the stairs this morning.

Holden and Rachel Barry said...

Hey Rach, it sure is a rude wake up call when you try to really run again after having a baby. The body just isn't like it used to be. Good job pushing yourself though. Trust me, it gets better with time and repetition. Say hi to Silas for Az. Love you!