Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stuck

I feel stuck. I have not budged in weight or size for the last 2 months. I have done 30 min. of cardio four times a week. My eating has been a lot better as far as eating more healthy choices and less sweets, but my body seems very stubborn! Before this pregnancy I just had to do what I am doing now to lose weight consistently, so this is making me mad. So I now know I have to DECIDE, COMMIT, AND SUCCEED! (as Jeni reminded me)

Decide: I have to work harder with a 29 year old body than I ever have before. That means walking and running. I am going to up my cardio from 30 to 40 min. and from 4 times/week to 5 times/week.

Commit: I will have to do some crazy scheduling and planning to get to the gym or work out at home. I will have to make my plan for the week on Sunday, and get help from Blake to watch the kids sometimes to make it happen.

Succeed: I don't want fast fix weight loss, but slow, steady body change to get back in my clothes. I will update you all next week about how everything is going.

Don't give up out there! We can't give in. Holy Spirit help us and give patience and self control, two of the fruits You produce.

4 comments:

Abby McNair said...

thanks for the encouragemnt liz. i feel stuck as well. i keep blaming it on business, stress, etc in my mind. not true. i just need to plan and do it.

thanks and thanks. hope the workouts go well this week.
love
ab

Jen Stutzman said...

Yeah!!!!! I love it. I will be cheering you on every step of the way. We must sweat to get fit.

Unknown said...

You can do it, Liz!! If you want to plan at least once a week that we watch each other's kiddos while the other works out...I'm in! Its always better for me if I have that accountability with a workout buddy... :)

Fisher Family said...

Love you Liz...xoxox