Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Finished...


Well I made it across the finish line. My goal was to at least run 7 miles and do it under 3 hrs.....Accomplished both. 2 hrs. and 45min. We ran the entire thing not stopping once to walk. My pace was slow but we did do a few 10 min miles. Between 10-13 I wanted to stop and walk but when I tried my legs hurt so bad that I knew I would never be able to start running again. At times my slow jog was matched with people who were walking but I'm soooo ok with that. From someone who hated running and never ever thought I could run even 5 miles I'm happy with what I did. I had a blast too....The people who come out to watch and encourage are awesome.... My friend Allison stayed with me the whole time even though she could have left me in the dust. I had my little fan club at mile 5 and at the finish lines holding GO MOMMY signs..... When I was on the final run about to cross the finish line I saw my husband and my kids and I lost it and finished crying..... It was a very emmotional thing for me. My legs and feet hurt so badly.... So this week will be resting and stretching and were hoping to do a short run on Friday. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me and supporting me. The funniest thing to me was seeing people peeing in trees....not just men but ladies just pushing their shorts aside and going.... I'm excited to do it again next year and train a bit more now that I know what to expect. Hopefully take 20 min off my time......

4 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

I am so proud of you. It brought tears to my eyes. I had a feeling you might run the whole thing. Once you get there it is so exciting you can run farther then you ever thought. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Hannah Randell said...

Erin-awesome. What an inspiration. If you can do this, with all the trials you faced along the way, anyone can do it. Way to go on an excellent run. I was sorry not to have run into you (excuse the pun)but of course, there was a crowd the size of a small town. Keep us posted on your next goal!

Jen Stutzman said...

Can you post some pictures of you coming into the finish?

Liz said...

You did not give up! I really admire how you faced a fear and took the pain. That is such a sweet thing for Allison to be unselfish about her time and be there for you. Love you!