Sunday, May 17, 2009

I FINISHED! :)


I FINISHED!! :)
I have to say of all the years that I have played sports and been pushed past my limits, I have never pushed myself as hard as I did for the half marathon! This was the biggest physical and mental battle I have ever faced! I thank God for helping me through it.
I really don't know how I finished. I promised myself that I would only walk 30sec at a time if I walked, and I only walked three times for 30 sec each so I was happy!! That 11th and 12th mile were the WORST!! man!

Anyways so I made a goal to finish under 2 hrs and 30 min and then I thought maybe I could set a goal for 2hrs and 15min and then during the race I was like wow I think my goal is to JUST FINISH! LOL .. I decided that at about the 7th mile mark when my knee that was giving me trouble in training decided to start hurting. lol I was like man I didn't plan for this... but then it made me think man if i can finish this with my knee bothering me, than i can face anything. So i prayed right there and then that God would help me forget about the pain or something would happen to get me through, and after a while i was just kind of numb! lol i don't know what happened I guess my mind started thinkin about the giant hill that i was on at MILE 9! LOL THAT WAS A KILLER!!! NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A BIG BERTHA HILL JEN!! Oh but my WORST EXPERIENCE was when I crossed the finish line and ALMOST peed my pants. I had to pee at like a mile and half away from the finish and so I didn't want to stop. So i pushed through, but then when i relaxed crossing the finish line i was like OH DEAR LORD, and I had to sit down to hold back from wetting myself! lol pretty hilarious!

SO.. I finished at about 2hrs and 22min. Which I'm happy with, but I do plan to do it next year and to train harder to beat my time!! My friend Katie who did it with me is a beast, she finished in an hour and 50min! and MY DAD finished 2hrs and 28min!! And maybe it was just me but i could NOT walk afterwards, I felt like i had been hit by a semi truck! lol

THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE: Putting your mind to something, discipling yourself, and reaching your goal. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD. or as the famous triatholon saying goes, "DECIDE COMMITT SUCCEED!!"

JEN, YOU ARE DOING IT NEXT YEAR WITH ME!!! :)

EL

4 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Ellie, you rock. I am so happy for you. If I can, I am so in next year. You make me laugh. I just wish we could train together. Love you!!1

Liz said...

I love hearing about your experience and what it is like to run that far. Congrats on your accomplishment! WoW!

EL said...

Thanks Liz, maybe you should do the half with us next year!!?!?!
And thanks Jen.. I'm glad my pain makes you laugh! lol jk. I wish we could train together too!
Maybe if we can get to lincoln a few days before the race we could run our last run together before the race!!!
love ya too.

p.s. think there's any chance jake would wanna do it!? cuz my dad is doing it again too!

Jen Stutzman said...

After I read your blog entry to Jake he said I would like to do that some time. So, yes I think there is a possibility of Jake doing it.