Thursday, February 5, 2009

Can We Make the Cut?


Hi Ladies! I just figured out how to post on here so I am excited. I have been trying to get my body into shape for the Big DAY. It has not been easy, but I have had a good time doing it and an even better time seeing results. I love challenging myself to do things I never thought possible. So, I have been reading up on all the new health news and I found this very interesting. When you are training for something as intense as a Triathlon, Jillian Michael’s (one of the trainers from NBC’s Biggest Looser) recommends that you stay off the sauce; that’s right ladies no booze. Some of you are breast feeding and that is not a problem for you but for everyone else, beware! I learned that alcohol causes water loss and dehydration; you can lose important minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and zinc. These minerals are vital to the maintenance of fluid balance, fat metabolism, and muscle contraction. Recent research shows that alcohol releases estrogen into the bloodstream. Not only does estrogen promote fat storage and inhibit muscle growth, but frequent estrogen spikes in the body have been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer. Ok, so I guess we all have some new fun facts to think about! Thanks for all the support, and everyone enjoy their weekend.

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Thank you Dr. Amanda. You are so cute with all of your fun facts. Keep them coming.

Hannah Randell said...

Great reasons to never start! Thanks for the facts.