Thursday, February 5, 2009

running in the country...

Hi friends.  I'm not sure what day it is or when I said I was going to run 2 miles.  But today was the day.  This is soooo funny to me.  I asked sam's dad if he knew where I could run to that would be about 2 miles and this is what he said, "Run out on the dirt road that goes to the Payne's house.  They are the ones who have cattle at the first intersection. The Hoffmeister's live on that road and if you run 2 or 3 telephone poles past their house , you will have run about a mile."  It was early in the morning and I just laughed out loud.  Who are the Payne's and who are the Hoffmeisters:)  ?????  I had to ask a few questions, but ended up headed in the right direction.

REgardless, I got my run in and it was good.  It is so quiet in the country and there are few worldy distractions when all you see is corn, gravel and cattle.   I have been working on pushing myself to work harder in many areas of my life and working out is one of them.  Praise the Lord for his patience and faithfulness.   Hoping to walk 45 minutes tomorrow.  (on gravel)

love to all - can't wait for my tank - it was so nice here today - makes me excited for warmer days.

thanks for praying liz.  

3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Yeah, I am sure it was so good to clear your head a bit. I am jealous of the country running. Love you
Jen

Liz said...

I love gravel running! I did it too, yesterday. It was the first time in over a year to hit the gravel road. I ran 1 mi. and walked 2 mi. Today it will be 64 degrees and Rachel Haynes and I are going to walk/run out at my mom's house. My heart is delighting in God's gift of a break from the cold.

I know about pushing to go farther and harder than you plan. I will run an extra minute for you! Run an extra minute for me:)

Abby McNair said...

liz - I didn't run an extra mile for you, but I walked an extra 5 minutes:) I have been so tired these last few days, so I have been working out, but not overdoing it...standing up all day painting and taking care of the kiddos wears me out..
:) hope you are well!