Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Train, don't strain!"

Every runner should train with the awareness that the human body can be pushed too far.  The marvelous machine at our command is adaptable__within limits.  There's real merit in the phrase "Train, don't strain!"
We are down to four months to train for the triathlon.  I know it is hard for all of us to find the time and the ambition to work out at times.  I just want to encourage you all to put your tank top on and go for it even when every part of your body is saying I don't want to do it.  You have to find motivation.  Some of things I like to do to get motivated to sweat it is, read scripture, think about my kids in Ethiopia, watch great runners on youtube, think of not allowing my flesh to win.  Also I think of all of you out there working out and it gives me the motivation to do it.  Listening to worship music when you work out is so wonderful.  You can just worship the entire time.  I often will be running and crying and just lift my hands in worship.

2 comments:

EL said...

ALRIGHT JEN! I need a list of worship songs that you listen to when you workout.. I've tried the whole slow song thing.. and it doesn't work for me so ill need up beat ones! I've really decided that I need new workout songs and that I can actually get something from them! So suggestions would be great!!

EL

Lydia said...

Hey, Jen, Hannah invited me to join the triathlon with you all... is it too late to join? I've actually already started training and I'm getting super pumped! This blog is so encouraging to me! If you'd like to email me, my addy is lphilli@lps.org