Friday, February 27, 2009

lovely shoe


I have been having some trouble with my foot and I went to the bone doctor and am now wearing a lovely shoe to heal my stress fracture.  I can swim and bike though so that is a blessing.  I will have to stay away from running for 6-8 weeks.  I will get a complete bone scan on Tues and he will tell me exactly when I can start running again.  This will be difficult for me.  I love to run, it is a treasured time for me.  The Lord is teaching me every day what it means to treasure Him above all else.   I know you all wish you could wear this awesome shoe!!!

2 comments:

Katie Reynolds said...

Jen - I had no idea you were part of the stress fracture club. I've been there three times. My only advice is easy back in SLOWLY and the bone will heal even stronger than before. Also I remember doing some running workouts in the pool back and forth. They are kind of fun but people might look at you strangely. Love you!!! Hang in there!!! KT

Thanks for the tank!!

Annie said...

Jen- First of all the shoe looks hot on you :) Second thanks for the reminder to treasure the Lord above all...it's so easy for me to be distracted by what I want to do and can't or by all these decisions that I think I need to make...."be still and know that I am God" Oh to truly treasure the Lord about all else...