Saturday, February 21, 2009

motivation


This morning I ran seven miles on the treadmill at the Y as part of my half marathon training. I admit that before I even got there, I was somewhat dreading it. Half of the running club I recently joined was going outside, but I opted for the indoor run today, since the windchill was around zero degrees. God provided me with a new friend I recently met who ran next to me. We chatted the entire time, and before I knew it, the miles were done. It was a great uplifting chat, and God gave me the opportunity to speak truth into her life. I was almost sad when it was over.

Just want to remind everyone how much more motivating it can be to work out with a friend. To push and challenge each other in our physical fitness as well as spiritual fitness is priceless. Who do you need to call today to help you stay motivated? Try to meet up with someone in the next two weeks. It's an incredible boost to the system. Love you all!

p.s. photo is of me zip-lining in maui. you gotta try it.

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Do you remember our nine mile run, it went so fast because we were talking the entire time. You were talking about how the Lord brought you and Jeff together. So awesome!!! Running with a partner is such a blessing.
love
Jen

Hannah Randell said...

Yes! I shared our story with this gal I ran with on Saturday! The Holy Spirit was all over it! love and miss you!