Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thinking of you!

This morning I was out for a jog and I was thinking and praying for you all.  I was feeling very weak this morning and the jog was so hard (i had a yellow fever vaccination this Wed. and it was hard on my body).  I just wanted to encourage you all to keep going.  Especially for all of you that had a baby in this last year.  Your body is tired and been through so much.  Be patient with yourself while you push your body to get back into shape.    I know how it feels to be so discouraged with working out because it is so hard.  I know how it feels to be so discouraged to not be able to fit into any of your clothes (i still can't get into some of my clothes).  Don't overly beat your body into submission because that will backfire on you.  Do workout even when you don't want to.  Don't starve yourself or overeat.  Do be kind to your body and feed it what will benefit it.  As Jake's mom says, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS IT FEELS TO BE HEALTHY.  I am so thankful for you all.  I am so encouraged by your commitment to be healthy.  May God give us all the strength we need to do what we must.
ROMANS 12:1-2
   Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to PRESENT YOUR BODIES a living and holy sacrifice acceptable to God, which is your spiritual  service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

4 comments:

Stegman Family said...

Hey Jen...it's Bethany (Hoglund) Stegman from high school...how are you?!?! I stumbled on your blog from another blog, etc. and I love what you write on here! I am training for my first marathon, and feel that your words of strength are very helpful! Thank you! :)

Jen Stutzman said...

Bethany, I went to your blog to leave a comment and could not find a place to do so. so good to hear from you. Let me know how to leave a comment on your blog.

Stegman Family said...

Hey Jen...I think I fixed it now?!? Who knows :)

Liz said...

Ya, this is a marathon of a goal. I hurt my knee in a class on saturday that was doing some high impact jumping and lunges. It feels great today after resting for a couple days and icing it. Just a reminder of the stress weight puts on the joints and how I can't do the really high impact stuff yet.