Saturday, February 28, 2009

A small army

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I blogged, but don't think it's not because I'm not still running. I've been training for a 10k with my friend Sarah and we only have a few weeks left until the race. Our running group is called 'Feet of Thunder'--kind of poking fun of a friend's bike group called 'Skeletal Lightning'. Anyway, Sarah and I have been running together for quite a while now, but just recently we've had a few people join our group. On Thursday we had 4 girls running through the park and it was great! It looks like we are starting a small army.

I love running with other women. Not only is it encouraging, but it also pushes me to run faster and harder. I think we ran 4 miles that day and my lungs weren't even tired. I can feel myself getting stronger and I'm really starting to have some sweet time with the Lord as I run as well. I hope you all are being encouraged as you work out...maybe some of you even have work-out buddies, which is great.

God is so good--even when my calves hurt this bad!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

What a blessing to have a group of women to run with. I can't wait to hear how your 10k goes. WE miss you around here.

Liz said...

That is really hard to find-4 girls that can keep up with each other. Great!