Friday, February 6, 2009

No Sugar

So, about a month ago Jake and I decided to go off of sweets.  We desired more energy and a stronger immune system.  Also I am already moody and I know that sugar alters our moods and zaps our energy.  I am about to have five children I need all the energy I can get.  So, it is going really well.  The first few weeks I had some really hard days and was very angry.  I had a headache and really wanted to eat sugar.  It is not that we don't eat any sugar.  We eat fruits and I put honey in things.  I put sugar in a salad dressing I make.  Mostly we are just trying to not do desserts unless it is a very special occasion.  It is going very well.  I have a lot more energy so that is exciting and my craving seem to go away a little more each day.  My dear friend Annie Young is teaching me all kinds of fun ways to cook without sugar.  I am very thankful for the self-control God has granted us to not give in.    Of course it has also been very beneficial to the kiddos to not have desserts.  I don't know if we will live like this the rest of our lives, but I would like to.  So now I have more energy to work out and that makes it so much more fun.

1 comment:

Jen Stutzman said...

I have something to clarify. I have had some sweets. Just very little. I had a small piece of cake at Ezra's birthday. So I have not gone completely without sugar just mostly.