Thursday, November 20, 2008

Avocado Corn Salsa

My favorite recipe.  I eat it with baked corn chips or organic blue corn chips

3-4 avocados diced
1 bag frozen corn thawed (my favorite is the white and yellow by birds eye)
1 green pepper diced
1 red pepper diced (you can just make it with two green peppers it is cheaper but not as pretty)
2 jalapenos   (I take out most of the seeds and them chop them very small with a food chopper)
2-3 limes juiced over it all
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder (I put enough in to taste it but not too much, more then a dash)
a little olive oil
Mix well and put in the fridge
Jake and I eat this all the time.  My friend Annie taught me to make it and we eat it all the time for meals.  It is very healthy!!  Let me know if any of you make it.  This is  a great power food for all of you nursing mamas. We have a lot of new posts you will have to scroll down to read them all, and a new author, Lindsey Partridge. 

3 comments:

Abby McNair said...

Hey Jen - going to try it - sounds yummy!

love
ab

Liz said...

Thank you Jeni, I love avocados and they have the good fats that I need for milk production. Cool! Pray a little for me on your walk that I will be given supernatural patience with the kids and the ability to forgive Joseph as he is still very mad and hurtful when he gets in trouble. I am just so used to him never getting mad, it is a huge change in him. I pray it brings him to see his need for a Saviour.

Jen Stutzman said...

Liz, I will pray for you. May God be with you!!! This season gets hard when it gets colder out because you are stuck inside but you are creative, keep that handsome guy busy and you usually have less spanks.
I have another idea for you. When making tacos use white ground turkey and add black beans, it is soooo good and very healthy!!