Monday, November 24, 2008

i can't breathe....

I have been battling the tempatation to worry instead of trust as we sell our home and move out west...   I was out walking the other day, praying and memorizing verses and was feeling like I could not breathe.  Not because I was walking fast:), but because I was so caught up in the sin/selfishness of worrying that I felt like I was suffocating.  I actually had to slow down and bend over.  It reminded me of how sin can affect us internally and externally.  I will remember my walk... it was a breaking point, a time of repentance, and so much more.  Draw near to him and he will draw near to you.  

i love hearing from all of you.. encouraging, challenging ... I am lifting you all up!


3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

I know what you mean. I am so glad that you were brought to repentance. God is faithful!!! Psalm 51
love ya
Jen

Fisher Family said...

Abby....I didn't even fully grasp the fact at how much i was in sin with worry....Praise God you were brought to your knees...Love ya!

Liz said...

I used to panic like that when I would drive on the interstate because I was so afraid. People encouraged me to ask God why I was so afraid and He was faithful to show me and to speak love and truth to me. He showed me that He was with me, and I needed to "give up". Give up trying to control the situation, give up trying to think through every possible situation and what "could" happen. I am so joyful with you that you can to the point of turning your eyes from worry and turn to God and His huge love for you and Sam. Thanks for the honesty!