Friday, November 7, 2008

Share a little more

  I also want this blog to be a place where we can share our story, so I thought I would share a little more about mine.  My parents have always shown me through there lifestyle that being active and staying fit is important.  Both my parents are in their 50's and in great shape and I know it has not been easy for them.  So with that said I have always been somewhat active.  I have always loved to work hard and push myself.  Before God saved me I used to beat my body and over work myself.  I am so thankful that God has shown me the truth and that I no longer do that.  I gained 40 pounds pregnant with Marya and almost lost it all before gaining 50 with Ezra.  I have lost almost all of the weight just by working out.  I have never dieted but I do feel as though the Lord has shown me that I cannot eat whatever I want.  I must put my flesh into submission and tell it no some times.  I know what it feels like to run and feel like you have dumb bells tied to your butt and sides.  I know what it feels like to feel like you might vomit because it is so hard to work out.  Carrying extra weight is so hard on our joints and heart.  A lady in our church made this comment and I liked it.  She said find a healthy weight meaning not too high and not too low and try to stay there.  I am not far off from my weight loss goal.  I will let you know when I get there.  So any of you that join me I would love to know more about your story. I so want health to be our goal not perfection.  Not to lose weight so we can wear tighter clothes and show ourselves off.  but to take care of the body God has given us.  There are two sides of the fence you can fall on, vanity and make it an idol or laziness and being a glutton.  My prayer is that myself and any of you that join me will keep our eyes on Christ and focus the race HE has for us.  To run or work out with a greater purpose.  Let's write about that.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Liz here-
I gave birth to my third babe 7 weeks ago. This blog will be showing a very slow, persistent road to fitness for me. My first goal is to do one sit-up without shaking! Really, walking, eliptical, and toning are my first objectives. I am going to the YMCA 3-4 times a week when I can sneak away between nursing sessions. I will try to be faithful to this for a couple months before stepping it up cardio wise and strength training wise. I am motivated by the fact that I need energy to keep up with the kids and not get overtired which leads to me sinning against my kids in anger. Also, the fact that I have very few clothes that fit and I am not buying more. Every day is new! You can do something new today. Go! Go!

Abby McNair said...

do everything for the glory of god... eat sleep nurse run play everything