Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm a mother of 4 kids, and having twins did some damage on my body.... Grayson is 2 yr. old and I'm probably 15 lbs. heavier that what I would say is a great weight for me. I started running about a year ago and have ran in 2 5k's. One with my daughter Alexa. (Note the picture) It was a blast. I have now set a goal of running the Lincoln Half Marathon with my friend Allison. I'm running 3-5 miles now about 3-4 times a week and doing pilates. I have learned that I can not just exercise and diet for an occasion that I have coming up but I need to exercise for me and my family on a regular basis. So I can have energy and feel good about myself. I'm turning 30 in about 5 weeks...(yikes that sounds old) and I can tell my metabolism and body is changing. So i'm taking those challenges head on. Running for me has turned into my "ME" time and my one on one time with God. I love when I'm chugging along and talking to God and singing to Jeremy Camp....and the time and miles fly bye. The people on the bike trails here in Lincoln think Im crazy but....OH WELL! Looking forward to hearing about everyones progess and victories...God Bless!

3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Awesome!!!! Erin I am so glad that you are doing this. I understand everything you are saying. Running is a great time with the Lord and a great time to clear your mind. I love it!!!!!!!!!

Liz said...

I am really proud of you for embracing the balance of making lifetime changes, not just temporary extreme efforts. I've been there too. Run an extra minute for me with Jeremy Camp and sing a little "Tonight" for your fellow Lincoln trail runners:)

Hannah Randell said...

Hey Erin, my birthday is in 5 weeks also! I turn the big 3-0 on Dec. 11th. When's yours? ~Hannah