Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hitting the Road early today

I am up early this morning getting ready to go for a run.  I leave for Omaha today.  I am in Emily Gunn's wedding.  I fly without my family so my heart is already aching for them.  I keep thinking I should set up a run date with all my girls but I don't know if I will have time.  I will basically only be in Lincoln for two days and then head back, so I will be busy with wedding stuff.
My favorite things to run with:
Spearmint chapstick
gum
ipod(Benjah is my fav to run to)
cool weather
Thank you God for the cool weather.  I just get so excited when it is cold out.  Basically I try to work out 6 days a week.  I go to the gym MWF and run or walk TTS.   Sat is usually my hardest longest run day.  I usually take Sundays off but maybe take the dogs for a walk.  I love you all keep writing.  One more thing I keep wanting to tell ya'all.  I run for my children in Africa.  When I run I pray for them, I think about them, I cry for them.  It is my greatest motivator.  When it gets hard I think of their hardships.  I get so excited it makes me run a little faster.
One more thing, I keep thinking we should all do a road race together and then I remembered that there is the triathlon that started this idea for me.  Do you all want to commit to doing it this next summer, July 4th or close to that date.  A 10k all together, .25 swim, 3.5 bike, 2.25 run.  There is also a pregnant or just had a baby division, which is everything cut in half.
You can just call me, Captain random.  I jump all over the place, try to follow me.

5 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Jen I will meet you early Sat morn for a run if you want....

Jen Stutzman said...

Erin, I will get back to you on that. love you

Hannah Randell said...

jen-I'm considering the triathlon. my sister is really interested as well. We'll get back to you.

Abby McNair said...

i would run early sat morn if I can convince hubs... someone call me

Jen Stutzman said...

Sorry I did not get to run with the Lincoln girls. I was busy just about every minute with wedding duties. Abby, if you like the jeans keep them or give them away.