Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Aching Shin


Im not sure if I spelled shin right but Im having issues with mine. This morning I sat in the car in the parking lot at the Ymca debating if I should go workout or take Gray home and snuggle on the couch. I did go in and about mile 2 my shin started aching so bad, and has continued to hurt all day. I haven't changed anything in my workout except Im running more inside that out these days. Any suggestions or tips, I don't want to start having problems with them....Im also posting a picture of Gray so you know how hard my decision was.....

5 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Although I think you mad a great choice working out I hope you snuggled with that cutie when you got home. I could eat him up!!! I am not sure about your shins. I would ice them for sure and then check with a trainer or doctor to make sure you are not doing any damage.

Abby McNair said...

He is pretty sweet. Maybe we should introduce him to my girls. Sam says if you have shin splints lift heels and walk backwards...??? check it out - i ran on a sore ankle one time for awhile and ended up having a fracture.

Fisher Family said...

thanks for the input....

Liz said...

Hey Erin,
I got some awful shin splints in tennis one year and the doctor told me to not run for 2 months but swim or bike instead. I did it and found a new love in swimming. Also, the shin splints were gone. I know yours aren't extreme yet, but if the icing and walking backwards doesn't restore your leg, maybe you should swim and bike for awhile? Just a thought. Grayson is a sweetheart:)

Hannah Randell said...

how old are your shoes? try replacing the insoles if they are over a year old or get a new pair for your new found motivation! ice is great paired with ibuprofen for inflammation....taking a break is good too. Basically your shin muscles are having small tears away from your shin bone....take a few days off to heal and then go back at it slow. this is what works for me.