Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here we go!!!


  I am so excited about this.  DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED!!!  Physical fitness should not be the most important thing in our lives but it is important.
 1 Timothy 4:8
   for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
  The purpose of this blog is to encourage each other to be healthy.  To encourage each other to push ourselves to a place that we have never been.  Each of us are at a different place and have different goals and that is great.  We can post our goals, pictures, challenging or motivating video's.   My desire is for this to be a fun place to come and share our success and be encouraged.
   My goal at this point is to continue to get into shape.  I plan on doing the triathlon next summer just 8 months away and I want to do some fun road races or trail races this year.  I will not be racing, just trying to finish.  I want to be able to run hard and sweat and love it.   I will post pictures of myself and my teammates down here as we sweat it.  My greatest goal, is as I get into shape I desire to seek God all the harder and to never let this become an idol in my life.  To grow in godliness.
  I plan to run a great trail this Sat. so I will take some pictures.  today I ran 3.6 miles with a friend that is 5 months pregnant and in great shape.  It was very difficult but she would not let me give up. That is why I love encouraging each other.  With out her there I never would of made it up the big bertha hill at the end.  Thank you Annie!!  She is going to help me with my running.
  I love you all

5 comments:

Fisher Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fisher Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fisher Family said...

Hey Jen sorry about the deleted comments on the page. I'm not very computer savy so it takes me a while to figure things out. Thank you for starting this. Im training to run (or just finish) the Lincoln Half Marathon in May. I think this will be great for me to look at and be inspired to keep on keeping on. I remember a time that we ran around Heartwell Park together....You encouraging and pushing me. I've learned in the past year alot about myself as I have picked up running and I look forward to it as my time to be alone away from my family just talking to God.....Looking forward to this....Love ya

Amy U. said...

Thank you for doing this Jen! I've been really increasing my miles lately just out of pure enjoyment of running. It has changed my body quite a bit and just this past week I found my mind going to a place I don't want it to be. I truly just want to be healthy and also want to run the Lincoln half marathon. I don't want to care how a flat stomach or tight butt!!! Ladies please pray for my mind to stay focused on Him and I will pray the same for you!

Amy U. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.