Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm thrilled to be a part of this blog and also reconnect with you, Jen. Having trained and ran the Lincoln Half with you, I know how dedicated you are to fitness and I love being able to encourage each other to "keep at it"! I have been running off and on this year with a 5K thrown in this summer. I am now training for my first 10K race in Maui in early December. Jeff and I will be celebrating 10 years together and I decided to run a race to celebrate my 30th birthday as well on the island! I am 11# under my pre-baby weight (after 2 kids) and feeling great; although my midwife advised me not to lose any more so I am not at a higher risk for osteoporosis. I want to keep running but feel the need to build muscle as well. My metabolism goes into overdrive when I'm training for any race so I am trying to stay on top of the proper balance of nutrition right now. That can be tough when I'm chasing a 4-year-old and a 17-mo-old all day every day! I have been enjoying true worship as I run recently. The weather, the colors, the worship music blasting in my earphones.....I can barely keep my hands from lifting to my Maker as I remember that every breath I take is from Him.

3 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Yeah, Hannah!!!!! That is so awesome that you are going to run a 10 k in Maui. I cannot wait to see pictures!! I think of you often when I am out for a run. We ran many miles together and I loved every mile with you.

Liz said...

That is really special that you and Jeff are celebrating 10 years in Hawaii! Blake and I talk a lot about what it takes to keep connecting as a couple and not just parents. It sneaks up on you and then you are staring at each other thinking "who are you?" I pray that God gives you guys and all of us who are married the sweetness of times to just share about our walks with the Lord and each other. Times to remember the beauty of the way God brought us together and how it uses our spouses to expose our weaknesses and make us more like Christ. Praise God!

Jen Stutzman said...

You go ahead and raise those hands I often do when i am running. You just can't help it when you are running and worshipping the Lord.