Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tired morning legs

Today was my first attempt at running in the morning. My running schedule has always been after a long days work, but since the time change I haven't been able to run after 5pm. So for the last couple weeks I have been trying to rise early and run before work; however, that has not been easy since I'm not a morning person. But today I did it.

My run was quick. I ran a mile and my legs were so tired. I am used to running at least 2, but it must have been something about running in the morning that made me so tired. I guess my legs were still asleep;)

My goal is to run three times a week until December. The first week of December I start training for the 10K. Running for me has become therapy. It is more for my head than my body, but it's obviously great for both. I feel like my life is on pause when I am running. I feel like I am sitting in God's hands just resting when I run. It is a mental break for me. It is a soul replenisher. It is my break from the craziness we call life. I am so glad that so many of you see running as a blessing too. Pray that my legs wake up ;) Ha.

1 comment:

Jen Stutzman said...

Lindsey so happy to have you here. I know what you mean about morning legs. It is so hard to do it in the morning but it feels so good to get it done!! It might be good for you to somewhat introduce yourself to the rest of the girls. I don't know if they know who you are and also maybe post a picture. Love you